Book your train tickets from mobile through SMS
Now Book your train tickets using Mobile Phone, anywhere and anytime WITHOUT using Internet connection. Train passengers will be able to use their mobile phones to book tickets through a simple text-messaging-based-SMS facility or a menu-based dialling service –USSD service. Currently, only registered IRCTC users can use these services.
THE TWO OPTIONS:
1. SMS Based Booking SMS
Services are currently offered by:
Bharat BPO: Book by sending SMS at 139. Click here for details
Frequency Weekly: Book by sending SMS at 5676714. Click here for details
Pyro Group: Book by installing BSNL PrePaid Card Application in your Java based phone. Click here for details
- For SMS Bookings, send a Booking SMS in specified format with information of Date of Journey, Class , Train Number and Passenger Details. You shall receive Seat Availability.
- In the second SMS make the Payment, which can be initiated in either two ways:-
- Using Mobile Money Identifier MMID* and one-time password (OTP) as received from Bank for registered Mobile Number.
- Using PrePaid Wallet Cards or mWallets.
- Booking confirmation SMS is sent by IRCTC.
2. USSD (Menu-based dialling)
USSD Services are currently offered by:
Airtel Money: Airtel subscribers Dial *400# on their mobiles. Click here for details
- Dial designated number, you shall receive a Menu Based Screen dialling. Select ‘book tickets’ option, select ‘reservation’ (user is prompted to enter his IRCTC user ID once only), enter details (date of journey, station, train no, class, etc)
- Enter mPIN for authorizing payment through mobile wallet
- Booking confirmation SMS is sent by IRCTC